Reports for AGM 2017
Director & Chairman:
Half year update report:
Action points from last Kent Board meeting – 30/11/17
- A regions meeting was held on 15/11/17
- Fixtures have started for Masters, Juniors and Seniors.
- 6 BE tournaments have been held
- Newsletter almost finalised and should be circulated and on the website soon.
- New coaching schedule to be released ready for the New Year.
- U20’s have been invited to play in the ECC – English Counties Championship
Criteria for picking Shires/Senior County teams:
- Shires matches – selected by specific squad coach(s) in conjunction with the Performance Manager
- Seniors matches – Teams chosen by Selection Committee at beginning of season and that committee to be 4 or more people
- Reasons for selection changes always given and agreed by more than one person
- Propose to publicise changes and reasons for changes to any players who request the information. Trying to be open and clear
- Selected on current form (Tournaments, BE Rankings or BE Gradings, Kent coaching session observations etc.)
- Players availability for match
- Suitability for a specific role in the team. (e.g. partners well for doubles or is a singles specialist)
- Works well in the team (it’s a team sport so its essential everyone works together)
Note: Additional selection process is in place for ICT/ICC. These team selections are made with a selected group of coaches but is still based on the above criteria.
Criteria for players selected to be a part of the county commit to the following minimum:
- Must try to compete in at least 3 Badminton England tournaments or which 1 may be the Kent Restricted (This does not apply to players who have represented their county at National level). Note that senior players who play outside of the county in a BE tournament, Kent will refund 50% of the fees for the first tournament
- Playing the Restricted for age group is mandatory unless formal reasons given in advance
- If a player disagrees with their selection and refuses to play for a certain squad, that refusal may be considered to apply for any remaining matches in that season
- If selected for a county match, be available and committed fully to play unless a formal reason given in advance
Kent District League Committee
League contacts are: Dave Gardner (NF), Paul Stephenson (Med), Mike O’Keeffe (Med), Robin Wells (O/NWK), Philip Chipperfield (SF), Myra Launders (Rainham), John Spink (Rav), John Pye (TW) Robin Hart (Ump).
Minutes from 2016 AGM
Articles of Association
Click here for all the latest and historic accounts for Kent Badminton Ltd
Click here for the latest full set of accounts