Kent Badminton Supporters Association
“The Association was set up many years ago, with the objective of helping and promoting the sport of badminton in the county. In this time, we have assisted players, clubs and schools. We have helped young players who found the financial burden of training, travelling and buying kit difficult. We have helped schools and clubs obtain equipment. Most requests for help come from coaches or friends on behalf of players. If you are aware of any extra special needs, please contact us. We will look carefully and sympathetically at any requests.” Eric Jenner – Chairman
Annual General Meeting 2017
“The Kent Badminton Supporters Association held their Annual General Meeting on the 23rd June. It has been a successful year, during which we have been able to support individuals and groups. We maintained a very healthy financial balance. If you wish to see details, please contact Pam Elsegood.
Our Barn Dance and quiz evenings were very popular, and raised valuable funds.
The Kent Masters Gold tournament continues to be the best in England, and is organised by the association. This year, it is being held at Medway Park on the 27th – 28th and 29th October.
There were no new nominations for committee membership, and the existing committee was re-elected. The members are – Jenny Nash, Michelle Brothers, Catherine Tillman, Sue Whetnall, Pam Elsegood – Treasurer, Mary Jenner – Secretary, Geoff Rofe, Bradley Tillman, Ian Brothers and Eric Jenner – Chairman. “
Chairman’s report Click Here
Cash Award to any Kent club in need
- Kent Supporters wish to contribute to a Kent badminton club an award of up to £500
- The award can be used for anything the club feels would benefit the club and members most
- The decision on who is awarded this award will be made by the Kent Supporters Committee, then announced on the Kent website and the award made in person by Kent Supporters members
- The decision will be based on the letter/email from the club describing items like:
- What their club does for their local community, age group, disability’s etc.
- What the award would pay for or what the award would change
- What difference the award would make
- Any other reasons they feel they should win this award
- Note: The club must be a registered club with Kent Badminton
- Also each entrant needs to answer this question please “what would you suggest could be the KBSA’s principal objective, and how could they achieve this?
- Email applications over to Eric Jenner – email@example.com
K.B.S.A. Sponsors the 2017 Junior ICT Team kit!
The supporters have decided to sponsor the Kent Junior ICT Team Kit for 2017. They decided that the team (who have done so well over the past few seasons) deserve a special kit and wanted to be a part of Kent’s commitment to supporting success. The week long tournament against all of England’s Counties was held in Nottingham. The team came 13th overall which we are all very proud of!
The sponsored evening went well for the ICT 2017 team. The team were presented their lovely new kit from Sue Whetnall.
Quiz Nights to be held at Higham Memorial Hall, Higham, Rochester
25 November 2017 – Please book as tickets selling out fast!
Ring Eric or Mary Jenner on 01474 362218 for tickets.
About The Association…
The Association supports Badminton in Kent at all levels.
Subscription £3.00 Annual or £18.00 for Life membership.
Kent Badminton Supporters Association Newsletter
We cannot offer you much in return for your money except the satisfaction of helping a worthy cause.